For years I've been trying to point out that UKIP is a Tory Trojan Horse political party to facilitate the interests of the hard-right fringe of the Tory party.
The UKIP Trojan Horse plot is simple enough. They constantly dress themselves up as an "alternative" to the mainstream political parties even though they share an almost identical hard-right ideological agenda with the Tory party.
By posturing as an alternative to the political status quo UKIP have managed to hoover up the votes of millions of dissatisfied voters who might otherwise have backed actual alternatives to the hard-right political orthodoxy that has annihilated working class jobs, wages and communities across the United Kingdom ever since 1979.
The genius of this Trojan Horse strategy is that it has used discontentment at the consequences of four decades of hard-right economic dogma in order to drag British politics ever further to the right.
There is abundant evidence that UKIP is essentially a branch of the Tory party. Their charismatic ideological leader Nigel Farage is a Thatcher-worshipping former Tory party activist, UKIP is completely riddled with ex-Tories who have passed through the revolving door between the Tory party and UKIP; the guy who wrote the 2010 UKIP manifesto was a Tory before he wrote it and is now a Tory again; the new UKIP leader Paul Nuttall actually stood as a Tory party candidate in Bootle back in 2002;and 90% of UKIPs donations are raised from millionaire former Tory party donors.
After the vote for Brexit the fact that UKIP are a Trojan Horse for promoting the interests of the radical hard-right fringe of the Tory party has become ever more apparent. Here are several very strong indicators.
- In September 2016 one of Nigel Farage's closest aides defected to the Tory party saying that Theresa May is essentially "delivering the 2015 UKIP manifesto".
- The fact that the Tories and UKIP are both backing Zac Goldsmith in the Richmond Park by-election is clear proof that they're pushing exactly the same radically right-wing agenda. Zac Goldsmith was guilty of utilising extreme-right BNP style propaganda tactics during his disgusting campaign to become Mayor of London, so it's no wonder that Ukippers have warmed to him so much that he's now essentially standing as a joint Tory-UKIP candidate in the guise of an "independent".
- Paul Nuttall is the UKIP's latest leader. Back in 2014 he let his true hard-right Tory agenda slip in a blog post in which he praised the Tory party for their backdoor privatisation of the NHS. Nuttall is such an Internet illiterate that he imagined that he could stop people pointing out his savagely anti-NHS views simply by deleting the webpage. Not only is the guy an out-and-out Tory who revels in the Tory destruction of the NHS, he uses the exact same revisionist "delete it from the Internet" tactics as the Tory party.
- Suzanne Evans was the other UKIP leadership candidate. She is so fond of the Tory leader Theresa May that she would like to see May rule the United Kindgom as a political dictatorship. In fact she's so keen on scrapping parliamentary sovereignty so that Theresa May is set free to make up the law as she goes along that she wants any judge who dares to stand up for democracy and parliamentary sovereignty to be sacked.
- Nigel Farage is another UKIP politician who is as keen as mustard to see Theresa May set the legal precedent that the Prime Minister can just make up the law of the land as they go along, completely free from parliamentary scrutiny or approval. In fact Farage is so keen to support Theresa May's dictatorial urges that he even planned to raise a right-wing mob to intimidate the judiciary into scrapping the sovereignty of parliament.
Of course Ukippers will try to attack me personally and decry this article as a "conspiracy theory", but the mountain of evidence that UKIP and the hard-right fringe of the Tories are essentially working together is absolutely damning, and growing all the time.
UKIP and the Tories are ideological blood-brothers, and the creation of a radically right-wing protest party has clearly and undeniably empowered the hard-right fringe of the Tory party.
After years of Ukippers' harking on about the importance of parliamentary sovereignty it's astounding that they have turned so savagely against the concept because they now don't want to see Theresa May and her hard-right government constrained by it. This complete Ukipper U-turn on parliamentary sovereignty illustrates two things very clearly indeed. UKIP support Theresa May and her Tory government so strongly that they would gladly sacrifice British political traditions like parliamentary sovereignty and the independence of the judiciary to support her dictatorial tendencies, and a huge number of their supporters are clearly capable of truly Orwellian levels of Doublethink over the concept of parliamentary sovereignty.
Not only have UKIP managed to drag the Tory party so much further to the right, they're now openly supporting Tory candidates in elections and threatening to raise a right-wing mob to intimidate the judiciary into allowing Theresa May to scrap parliamentary sovereignty and rule the UK as a right-wing dictator.
The reality is absolutely obvious. The people who believe in absurd conspiracy theories are not those who point out the fact that UKIP are a Tory Trojan Horse party, it's those who are actually gullible enough to believe that UKIP are an alternative to the political status quo, rather than a tool to further empowering the hard-right fringe of it.
Another Angry Voice is a "Pay As You Feel" website. You can have access to all of my work for free, or you can choose to make a small donation to help me keep writing. The choice is entirely yours.